Buffalo Lake National Wildlife Refuge: Prime Contractor $1,829,375
The USDOT, Central Federal Lands Highway Division of the Federal Highway Administration contracted with SWP on 0.8 miles of AB and hot asphalt concrete paving on the Entrance and Visitors Center Roads and 5.5 miles of AB surfacing on the Auto Tour Route at the Buffalo Lake National Wildlife Refuge outside of Amarillo, TX.
The project work included:
- Roadbed reconditioning
- Placement of aggregate surface course
- Removal and replacement of the parking lot with hot asphalt concrete pavement
- Pulverizing the entrance road
- Installation of drainage structures
- Installation of major concrete structures.