Manhattan Main Street Design-Build: Prime Contractor $2,500,000
The USDOT, Central Federal Lands Highway Division of the Federal Highway Administration contracted with SWP to Design & Build a 0.8 mile section on Main Street in Manhattan, NV.
Design activities included:
- Roadway & Drainage design
- Hydrological Engineering
- Temporary and Permanent Traffic Control
- Environmental Documents and Permitting (Cultural Survey, Environmental Site Assessment, Biological Survey, Wetlands and Waters of the US Delineation, NPDES/SWPPP).
Major project activities included:
- Aggregate base course
- Asphaltic concrete (Warm Mix)
- Erosion & sedimentation control
- Signing and striping
- Drainage improvements consisted of storm water conveyance via ditches, box culverts and pipe culverts.
- Riprap added to minimize erosion.
The biggest challenges that SWP faced on the project was related to issues with its’ remote location, existing utilities and off-site flows of water.