Las Cienegas National Conservation Area Sonoita Arizona: Prime Contractor $3,707,982
The USDOT, Central Federal Lands Highway Division of the Federal Highway Administration in coordination with the US Bureau of Land Management contracted with SWP to complete 13 miles of roadway improvements at the Las Cienegas National Conservation Area.
- Surveying and staking
- Import of 21,000 tons of surface course
- Roadway reconditioning of all 13 miles
- Imported 9,400 tons of roadway aggregate
- Constructed 13ea cast in place concrete low water crossings with cut off walls
- Installation of 13ea 16 foot cattle guards
- Pipe culverts with end section
- 42,000 square yard of chip seal
- 6700 tons of asphalt paving
SWP's traffic safety plan included traffic control, quality control, testing, and inspection per federal highways specification (FP03).